CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 20, 2009

More Sweater Recons

So my sister introduced me to this new website that is so cool. It's sewing.craftgossip.com. They have got some of the coolest tutorials on there for pretty much anything you could imagine. I have spent way too long looking at it. Oops. But I did get some great ideas for these next few things I have made.

The first is a sweater that I turned into a dress for Amy. I found the sweater at the Dollar Store of all places. Here is the before picture:
Not that flattering, but once I used this tutorial, it became the cutest little dress for Amy. Here is the after:
Cute huh. And I only spent $1 on this project and it took less than half an hour to sew together. I liked it so much that I had to cut up another old sweater of mine. Here is the before:
Sorry it isn't the best picture but you get the idea. And here is the after:
This time I turned it into a little coat for Amy. This will keep her extra warm for sure!
My last little repurposing project was inspired by this tutorial. I still want to make one for me but haven't gotten around to it. However, I did make one for Amy. But instead of using a t-shirt I just cut up a scarf I have never worn. Cute huh!
I can't wait to see this little number on Amy. It'll be so fun. Anyway, those are a few of the things I have been up to lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I wish I had your eye for things. Maybe the next time we see you guys, you can take me through my closet and see what I can repurpose for Anna!