CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Play Makeup

My sister gave me this great idea for Amy's birthday. But first, I had to make a bag to put it in. I started with this tutorial but it ended up way too big, so I used this one instead. It turned out so cute and little. I love it. The dimensions are probably only 5.5" x 3.5" x 2.5". It's great for a little baby make up bag.
Pretty soon Amy will get to open it and find ... play makeup!
Amy absolutely loves to put her makeup on with me. I have had to let her use my old inconspicuous colors. But my sister sent me this tutorial on how to make your own play makeup. It was just too perfect to be true! I had a few mishaps when I made mine (darn bubbles) but for play makeup it will work just fine. I even dried out the empty nail polish bottles and now Amy can play with those too.
I am so excited to give this to Amy on her birthday. Hopefully she will be as excited about it as I am. :)

2 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

I love this idea! I have been wanting to make some for Maddie for a few months now, but I want to wait until I have some old makeup cases to give her--apparently I don't wear makeup enough!

But what a cute idea to make her own little makeup bag for them to go in!

Valerie Plowman said...

That is a great idea! I will have to do those for stocking stuffers for my girls. I am glad you posted about it so I could hear about it!