Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Easy Christmas Tree Tutorial
This is a super easy and fun Christmas decoration you can make up really quick. Amy likes to play with them and thinks they look like party hats. I saw it at a friends house a few years ago and decided to try and make my own this year.
All you need is a magazine and maybe 10 minutes of your time. I used old Parenting magazines, but really anything would do. Even a Reader's Digest magazine would be a good one.
First you fold down the corner of the page like so...
Then fold it over again...
Repeat that step on every page in the magazine. Really it doesn't take that long. After you are finished it should look like this...
Grab some scissors and cut off the bottom triangles. You can also cut off some height too if you want a shorter tree.
Then fan out the pages and you are done. Easy cheesy.
I made a couple and put them on a shelf with my super cute Holiday blocks.
If you don't like the paper look, you could spray paint them a festive color or use that glitter spray paint for a fun look. These trees are nice because they are easy to make, super cheap, not hard to store, and you could even throw them away and make them next year without feeling bad. I also like how Amy can play with them and not break them. That's an added bonus. Anyway, I hope you liked my super easy Christmas trees. You'll have to let me know if you make some of your own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those are really cute and easy. I just might have to make some. Thanks for the tut!
Post a Comment