CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Sun Dress Pattern and Hat

I was looking around trying to find a tutorial on how to make playpen sheets for my sister, and I ran across the cutest little baby dress/tunic tutorial, so I had to get busy and make Amy one. It really was so simple to do. It would have been even more simple if I had followed her directions instead of trying to change it up. Oh well, it was still easy. Here is how Amy's new little dress/tunic turned out.
I think it is the perfect summer dress. It is big enough that it'll fit her for awhile. And she can wear it as a shirt when she gets taller. Sorry for the blurry picture but I think you get the idea of what it looks like on her.
I also attempted to make my first hat ever. I used the Simplicity Pattern 9784 but I added an extra inch on the width of the brim. I wanted it to shade her a little more. Here it is.
And here is Amy in her new hat. (Ignore the fact that she is chewing on a chord, but everytime I put the hat on her she would pull it off. Then she found the chord and actually sat still so I could get a picture.) Anyway, I think it looks cute on her. It's a little big but it'll be okay.
Now if she will only keep it on tonight at our little picnic that would be great. Well, those are a few more of the things I have been making lately.

3 comments:

Shilo said...

I love it...both of them. I must say, you are so amazing and talented!! I'm a little scared after my first attempt at making Kindred a dress...I learned that I really don't know what I'm doing. I love all the little things you make Amy - they all turn out so cute!!

LeeAnne said...

I hadn't realized before that you have a separate blog filled with your creations (I followed a link on Mega P. Pod)! You are so talented! I know a while back you made your regular blog private, and you gave me an invite- I had fogotten that once a blog goes private it doesn't show when you update on your blog list, so by the time I tried to look at your blog, my invite had expired! :( Could I get another invite please? My email is leeanne.carrasco@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Mel- those are so darn cute! I love the pocket on the dress, it's a nice touch and the hat, well lets just say I wont be attempting one of those any time soon, they're hard. So great job they look good.