CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Some Great Gifts

I got some really cute Christmas gifts this year and wanted to post about them. There are some really great ideas that anyone could do.

This first one was actually inspired by me. :) I gave the idea to my sister-in-law to do for her mother and she ended up making me one too. Bonus!!! A while back I ran across this butterfly tutorial and thought it was so fun. I looked around on her blog a little and found some great ideas. I especially loved her butterfly corkboard. So cute! But I thought her Christmas Tree frame was a fun super easy Christmas decoration. You can click here for the tutorial. Here is a picture of the one that my sister-in-law made me.
She even made me a ton of inserts so I can change them out each month. How fun! I love it and am so excited that I have one now. :) I hung it above another cool gift idea that I got from my mother-in-law.
This is a big frame with a 12 X 12 piece of metal in it. I covered the metal with scrapbook paper. The "D" is magnetic. I really like this one because I can change the paper out really easy to match any theme or decor I may be going for. I also like how I could remove the D if I wanted to and use little magnets to hold pictures or notes or whatever. I think it is so cute and am really excited about my new "changeable decor" wall. Thanks guys!

For my birthday my mother-in-law made me this really nice wreath stand. It is probably meant to sit on a table, but we changed things up and set it on a shelf on the wall. It is really simple but adds a lot of flare. I love it!
Also for my birthday, the same sister-in-law made me this really fun tile necklace. I have seen them before and always thought they were pretty cool. Now I have one of my own. Yeah!
I looked around on one of my favorite websites and found instructions on how to make scrabble tile pendants. I even found one using glass tiles. I love my new necklace and can't wait to make me some more tiles to wear with it. :)
Anyway, those are some of my fun crafty gifts I got this year. Hopefully you guys can use these fun ideas too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, haha it's weird to see the stuff I did on your blog :) but it looks pretty good on your wall! I'm glad you can use it. And it looks really good by that magnetic letter :). Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday haha. And, I'm still amazed at how much you can get done. You are so much more organized than I am!