CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Making Your Clothing Stretch

I have recently ran across some great ideas on how to revamp your kids clothes to help them last a little longer. Here are the links for the ideas on tops and bottoms. This post is dedicated to remakes that I have done based on her ideas.

This first one is a shirt that I added a ruffle down the front of. It turned out cute but a little big. The shirt I used was too big to begin with so this one might have to sit in her closet until next summer.

I am iffy about this next one. I think it looks much better on Amy than lying on the floor. So that is why you get a picture of her in it. I think the one on the blog was tons cuter with a polo shirt as the base, but it still works. What do you think?
This last one is a skirt I made for Amy back when she was tiny. It still fits around but was too short. So I just added some black lace. (Ignore the tan fabric underneath. It was just so you could see the lace pattern better.)
She grew out of all her shirts to match so it looks like I have something else to do now. Isn't it funny how one project always leads to the next. Anyway, it was fun revamping some of Amy's clothes and I am sure I will do more of it. I really want to had a fun fabric cuff to a pair of her too short pants, but she can wear them as capris now that it is summer. That project might have to wait until fall. But I'm sure they will be super cute!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love them all! She has some good ideas on her blog and you recreated them so cute. Good Job!