CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wash Cloth Puppets

Awhile ago I ran across the cutest pattern for wash cloth puppets. I went right to Walmart and bought a pack of washcloths so I could get started. However, they didn't have the cute springy mix like the pattern used, but the fall colors turned out ok too. I have had them cut out all ready to make for seriously months now. We had a craft night last week again up here in Pittsburgh so I decided to take these and work on them. I almost got them done but needed to find some better black ribbon. Anyway, I finished them up today and think they turned out so cute!
Amy wanted to play with them right away and kept telling me that they were so fun. I think the hippo is my favorite. :)
The pattern calls for a lot of hand stitching, but I didn't want to do that. So for all of the ears and the hippo teeth, I just pinned them in the seams before I sewed them closed. You have to sew kind of slow over the ears because it's thick, but you can do it. It was a huge time saver. I also just glued on googly eyes instead of all the buttons. I think they are more fun anyway. I am going to throw them in the wash with a little vinegar so that it will seal the colors and they won't fade or run with use. I think they are definitely going to be a fun addition to bathtime. For another variation of bath mitts, check out this link.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

We have to copy this!! The kids are watching and think it would be as fun as I do:) You are amazing Mel!