CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Knit Baby Blanket

I was going to wait and post a bunch of baby projects at once, but I have a bunch of fabric I need to prewash before I can do anything else, so I figured I would post this one real quick. I had some fun brown and blue knit fabric that my mom gave me quite awhile ago. I had already made Amy a super cute jumper out of it and was wondering what to do with the rest of it. While in church I saw a little boy with a fun knit blanket. So I decided to try and make one myself. Here is how mine turned out.
I just pinned the two pieces of knit together (one soft and the other a silky knit) and then put some binding on. It was actually pretty easy. It reminds me a lot of the one I had when I was little. It was a silky red on one side, and a knit like fabric with trains on the other side. I loved that blanket. Amy thought that Baby Brother would really like it and had to try it out to be sure. :)
After I got it done I found some tutorials that would have been helpful. After looking at them I kind of wish I had done rounded corners on mine too. Oh well, at least I will know for next time. Be sure to check out these tutorials. They are great. The first one even has a fun knit hat. So cute!


And that is what I have done so far. I actually did finish up a new lampshade and one sheet for the crib. But I will wait to post those with my next batch of goodies. Hopefully I will be able to get some more done early next week. I made a big Joann's run and I think I have everything I need to finish all my millions of projects. I am still having trouble deciding what to put up on the walls but I have time to think about that one. Maybe once my other projects are done I will have a better idea what to do. Anyway, that's all for now!

No comments: